Monday, February 16, 2009

Too many wip's

I don't know what it is, but I seem to have a record number of wip's.
These are 3 new ones that I started a couple of days ago.

Photobucket

The knitting is homework from my night class.
I have used charts before( when I was doing Tunisian crochet to create my south park afghan) but knitting charts are different as each alternate row is read in the opposite direction and the symbol meanings are reversed for those rows.
But they are easy once you get used to the schizophrenic nature of it.

The little round ball with the yellow palm tree-like hair is the beginnings of Butters.
The pattern that I bought on etsy didn't include him so I am changing the pattern slightly to get that essence of Butters. I actually have a legitimate reason for not having him finished as I'm told by my son that Butters only wears a teal shirt. Good luck to me in finding a teal coloured fingering yarn.

The other little pile of crochet squares and tubes will hopefully become the first of two Wall-es, one for each son. I'm also making Eve for my older son's girlfriend.

2 comments:

Salihan said...

I found reading charts annoying when starting a project. I have to kick my brain to wake up and get with the program! Looks like you're doing a good job there.

I'm looking forward to seeing the toys you're making for your children. How lucky of them!

P.S. I'm trying to finish up as many WIPs too! Not casting on any more.

sukigirl said...

Thanks Salihan, I can't decide which I like better at this point, charts or written instructions.
I guess they each have advantages and disadvantages.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...