Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A pledge.......I will teach someone how to......

I signed up for something interesting the other day.
It was a pledge, started by
KnitLuck, where she promised to teach someone how to knit if 10 other people would do the same. ....12 people have signed up so far.
(Crocheters have now also been included).


I think this is a wonderful idea, I have often heard people remark that they learned these crafts from a neighbour, grandmother or friend.
What a wonderful way to
keep these crafts alive but more importantly its a way to build lasting memories.
If this appeals to you, you can still add your name here to the pledge...the deadline is not until May 1 st.

KnitLuck is also posting links to each participant's blog and who they intend to teach.
I'm hoping to teach my sister how to crochet.
She is about to become a grandmother for the first time so it would be the perfect time for her to learn and a lovely way for us to spend time together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool. I've tried teaching friends to crochet, 2 didn't really care enough to make much of an effort to learn; a third friend learned, but didn't stick with it. *sigh*

sukigirl said...

Maybe that third friend will pick it up again later in life.
I've heard that happens sometimes.

Shari Tombs said...

It's true what you say - I don't know how many times I've had people compliment me on my work when I've been knitting or crocheting at the doctor's, ball game, etc, then proceeded to tell me that they were inspired to pick up that kind of needlework again.

So, you never know what might make your friends take off running with yarn in hand down the road! :)

Nena3110 said...

It's a great idea.
Your blog is full of very nice things, but tde kids, are most beautiful.

sukigirl said...

Thank you Shari and Nena...hugs!

Crochet Max from the Wild Things

 Who doesn't love Max!! I'm really happy with this cute little guy Pattern by Carla Mitrani  You can find her on Ravelry  Max Patter...