Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm in love with the monkey

This little guy has been finished for quite a while.
He's been keeping me company while I finished up a few other projects.

Monkey boy

I must say that....
"I've grown accustomed to his face
He almost makes the day begin
I've grown accustomed to the tune he whistles night and noon
His smiles, his frowns, his ups, his downs
Are second nature to me now
Like breathing out and breathing in
I was serenely independent and content before we met
Surely I could always be that way again and yet
I've grown accustomed to his looks, accustomed to his voice
Accustomed to his face"

My Grandma used to play 'My Fair Lady' on 
her record player when I came to visit 
because she knew I loved it so much.
I would stand in front of the mirror,
and twirl and twirl to the music,
(I was around 5 years old).

I adapted this little guy from this great free pattern.
I wanted him to be a lot smaller so I
used a fingering weight yarn and
went down a hook size.
I also changed his body shape.

8 comments:

coltpixy said...

He is just adorable! So is the little tree. ♥

sukigirl said...

Thanks Star!
It's funny that you mentioned the tree...I'm not completely happy with it. Those little red balls are the ends of pins that are temporarily stuck in there until I can find something more permanent.
I originally was going to send it for our swap :-(

Allison said...

what a cute little monkey! i love the modifications you made. he looks tiny.

sukigirl said...

Thanks Alison...he is pretty small.
He is for a little boy who will be 6 months at Christmas so I wanted something that he could hold on to comfortably. Plus I just love little things :-)

Gillian said...

He is so adorable...
Perfect gift for a little boy!
Lovely work :)

sukigirl said...

Thanks Gillian,
I don't usually like making a pattern more than once but I'll be making at least one more of these little monkeys.

Anonymous said...

the changes from original pattern are which ? i notice your monkey looks smaller in body, legs, arms. is this correct ? the monkey is adorable ! i have some little girls whom will love the purse with a monkey key bob ! thanks for sharing

sukigirl said...

I'm sorry but I'm actually away on holidays right now so I can't give you any particulars. I'll be back in a week and a half so I'll get back to you.

Crochet Max from the Wild Things

 Who doesn't love Max!! I'm really happy with this cute little guy Pattern by Carla Mitrani  You can find her on Ravelry  Max Patter...