Thursday, December 16, 2010

Making a few Christmas Ornaments

I've noticed some really cute ornament patterns
this year and I've finally found some time
to make a few.
All of them are from free patterns.

First up is this pretty star that I
made for my friend Star
(also known as Coltpixy).
This one actually took a bit of work
but I'm really happy how it turned out.

Star ornament

The hexagon is a  variation of Priscilla Hewitt's
sunburst granny square.
 I used this great tutorial from Daniela Herbertz
to turn a hexagon into a star.

Aren't the mushrooms cute!
And they are easy to make:
pattern is from Drops 0-723
Drops are posting a free pattern
each day leading up to Xmas.

I've been seeing a lot of cute trees
and the good thing is that you
really don't need a pattern for these
since they are so simple.

Crochet Christmas ornaments

The bauble is from the
very talented Lucy from Attic24.
I've never made anything from her site before
but I now know why everyone loves her patterns.
Here is the link
which includes step-by-step instructions
to guide you (including pictures).

Xmas ornament

This little gem I bought from the
I love how she combines thrifted materials
with zippers....Brilliant!

3 comments:

coltpixy said...

They are all beautiful. I L♥VE my star! ♥

Allison said...

Your ornaments look great! It's really hard to pick a favorite. The two I must want to try out are the mushroom and the hexagon star. thanks for sharing the links.

ps thanks also for the sweet comment on my blog!

sukigirl said...

Star....I'm really happy that you like your star!!

Thanks Alison....I keep thinking how sweet it would be having a whole tree filled with nature themed ornaments starting with the mushrooms.

Crochet Max from the Wild Things

 Who doesn't love Max!! I'm really happy with this cute little guy Pattern by Carla Mitrani  You can find her on Ravelry  Max Patter...