Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Xmas ornaments love red cups

xmas ornaments nestled in bed
One thing that I really hate about Christmas
 is putting all the ornaments away.
Unlike the tree trimming part there is no party 
with family and food.
There's just me and the cat and a lot of tissue paper.
I wrap the paper around the ornaments 
and put them away in boxes.
She jumps into the boxes and tears apart the tissue paper.

But this year, thanks to Pinterest 
I did something different.

xmas ornaments

First I glued a bunch of red cups 
to the bottom of a plastic tote.
Then I filled them up with ornaments,
putting a delicate one in each 
followed by a couple of soft ones to cushion it.
I also stuck in some of the pre-torn 
tissue paper (thanks kitty).
I made a second layer using cardboard 
as the base.

It was ridiculously simple and hassle free.

3 comments:

Plukvink said...

It's an older post, but with Christmas in the not too far future I'll try and remember this nice idea.

Sincerely Paula

pam said...

thnk you for Hobbs pattern made a little one very happy do youo have a Calvin pattern for sale? Please let me know ppro414@aol.com

sukigirl said...

No sorry I don't think I'll be making a Calvin pattern but I'm glad you liked Hobbes :)

Crochet Max from the Wild Things

 Who doesn't love Max!! I'm really happy with this cute little guy Pattern by Carla Mitrani  You can find her on Ravelry  Max Patter...