Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 2: small notebook cover

Day 2: Cloth journal cover
A while back I sewed some covers
for a few notebooks to send in a swap.
I had an extra notebook for 
myself so I sewed up a cover
using some leftover muslin,
stamped it, and added a couple
of crocheted embellishments.

I think if this wasn't a day
project I would have spent
a little more time on it
but for now I will pop it
into my purse.

Also my sewing machine
is acting up and I
may have to take it in.


----------------------------

This project used all stashed items
so total spent so far $0

4 comments:

emosback said...

Very cute! I love the stamping mixed in with the crochet :)

sukigirl said...

Thanks emosback,
I haven't really done any stamping before so I had no idea if the cloth would take it.

namaah said...

Hey there! I know this post is older, but I just found your blog and saw your canvas covers that are embroidered. Would you consider doing a tutorial? I've got some scrap canvas that I'd love to make into a cover or journal, but i have no idea where to start! Thank you kindly..

~Alexandra

sukigirl said...

Hi namaah,
it's not something I have time for right now but its something I'll think about. Glad you like my little project.
Thanks and cheers....suki

Crochet Max from the Wild Things

 Who doesn't love Max!! I'm really happy with this cute little guy Pattern by Carla Mitrani  You can find her on Ravelry  Max Patter...