Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 8: poppy coaster

Day 8: poppy coaster
The front coaster is finished.
The black stamens are embroidered 
 using thread and, although you
can't tell, each petal is separated 
by a  ridge of backstitch 
using the red yarn.
Finally the flower is backed with felt 
held in place with a blanket stitch.

Stephanie Garcia

 I enjoyed making this one so
much I decided to start two more
to be finished another day. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything used for today
was stash so zero $ on
new supplies so far this month.

4 comments:

coltpixy said...

Beautiful! They make me wish I still crocheted.

Barbara said...

Love it girl! I've gotta check that pattern out.

emosback said...

Very sweet :)

sukigirl said...

Thanks all!
It was very cool to see the difference it made when I added the black embroidery and felt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...