Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 8: poppy coaster

Day 8: poppy coaster
The front coaster is finished.
The black stamens are embroidered 
 using thread and, although you
can't tell, each petal is separated 
by a  ridge of backstitch 
using the red yarn.
Finally the flower is backed with felt 
held in place with a blanket stitch.

Stephanie Garcia

 I enjoyed making this one so
much I decided to start two more
to be finished another day. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everything used for today
was stash so zero $ on
new supplies so far this month.

4 comments:

coltpixy said...

Beautiful! They make me wish I still crocheted.

Cindy said...

Love it girl! I've gotta check that pattern out.

emosback said...

Very sweet :)

sukigirl said...

Thanks all!
It was very cool to see the difference it made when I added the black embroidery and felt.

Crochet Max from the Wild Things

 Who doesn't love Max!! I'm really happy with this cute little guy Pattern by Carla Mitrani  You can find her on Ravelry  Max Patter...