Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 4: framing up vintage children illustration

Day 4: art for my walls
Sorry for the poor lighting (again)
but I wanted to show it in my room.

I have a couple of rooms in my house
that are bare of any artwork.
So today I'm framing a page from a 
vintage children's book
that will go in my bedroom.

I chose an old Italian book 
called Cappuccetto Rosso.
Cappuccetto Rosso
Isn't the illustration delightful!
Il Lupo, con un balzo divoro
Cappuccetto Rosso.
The wolf, with a leap, devoured
Red Riding Hood.

 As you can see the picture
covered two pages so  I scanned
it into Paint and blended
the colours over the centre fold.
The plastic frame was simply given a 
lick of light grey paint.

I'm totally happy with the 
result and I'm looking forward
to finishing more of these.

-----------------------------
Todays's supplies were all from 
my stash :o)

2 comments:

Mette (Mettuska) said...

Nice picture. Ilove your new view here because I love owls! :D

sukigirl said...

Thanks Mette,
I love owls too so I couldn't resist this template :0)

Crochet Max from the Wild Things

 Who doesn't love Max!! I'm really happy with this cute little guy Pattern by Carla Mitrani  You can find her on Ravelry  Max Patter...